Saturday, August 22, 2015

More things to learn

- Hairpin lace
- Broomstick (peacock tail) lace
- Front post/back post -- Check! I can do this now.
- Increasing filet blocks on the edge. Somebody told me some ways to do this, but they ran off my brain like rain off an overturned bucket.
- Stretchy ribbed crochet. I have known this before. Might be useful for a variant of The Coif Hat project.
- Increasing to make a circle or a hat top (so-called beanie). People have given me many tips about this. What a great community Ravelry is!
- Tunisian crochet
- Venetian crochet
- Not, however, Romanian. Just not interested, though it is beautiful.
- Crocheted cords
Wow, that's a lot, and by no means all.
- THE MAGIC RING, which I have done three of successfully, but it's hard to sl st in the first sc. Really hard. Something is wrong somewhere. Check! I can do this now.
- Some more of the fancy bargello stitches besides the one I used in the wall hanging project.
- Patience. I would like to learn patience.
- To work with smaller and smaller thread. I have been practicing with size 30 Cebelia and getting fairly good at it, starting with just chains, then dc's, and so on. I want to get down to size 80 (tatting thread) to make really fine lace edgings.

No comments:

Post a Comment